Menu Home

October 26, 2021

Learning from the Best

and learn from me. (Matthew 11:29, CSB)

Can you (still) remember teachers you had in school who were just awesome at what they did? Those, you really excelled and grew under? Those who were good at their craft and just seemed to open up the world or that subject for you? I’ve had many good and gifted teachers that helped shape and enlighten me in so many areas. I still remember them to this day. Those such as Mr. McManaman, who was my middle school math teacher. Math was not my best subject, but he made math understandable, he broke it down in such a way that I “got it”.  And Mrs. Cone who was my high school English teacher and Journalism advisor. She not only got me on the school newspaper but was instrumental my getting a full scholarship into Franklin School of Journalism. Good teachers are not a dime a dozen, they are worth their weight in fine gold, those who are exactly where they should be and we are blessed through and because of them.

Jesus is that kind of awesome, incredible, amazing teacher. He is our divine teacher sent from heaven. The only teacher who knows absolutely everything about everything. And whenever we enter into his classroom (the Bible, Sermon, or spiritual resource established on his principles) we are going to learn something. It’s impossible for him to open his mouth and the Word of God to you and you do not get something from his teaching. He has something to teach us about love and forgiveness, about patience and relationships, about compassion and kindness, about how to live this earthly life the very best way possible. There is not a subject he cannot teach and expound upon. No wonder Mary of Bethany took her position at his feet and didn’t budge (Luke 10:38-42). We could learn a lot from her. what a smart woman and attentive student. Let’s pray,

Lord Jesus, there are good teachers, and there are great teachers, but you are the very best, highest teacher, Master at what you do. May we always be willing to sit at your feet and learn from you. Amen

Reflective Questions for Soul-Tending:

Do you consider yourself a student of Jesus? How have the teachings of Jesus changed your life?

How will you incorporate today’s message into your plan of soul-care?

Categories: Uncategorized

Tagged as:

www.dailyencouragementforthesoul.org

Pastor's wife, mother of four adult children, grandmother, Devotional Writer, Motivational Speaker, Bible-Life Coach, Soul-Care Coach, Avid Encourager. Inspiring others to live their best life in Christ. Inspiring new confidence and courage, giving hope, renewing the soul and coming alongside through daily, biblical encouragement.